Research Policy and Services
This page is for those wanting research done on one surname during a specific time period from the files, books, etc. that the society has in our library. This research will be done for a fee of $10.00.
We expect the following information from those requesting research:
- Stick to a specific family surname in a specific time period.
- Please include all alternate spellings.
- Given names with birth and death dates if possible.
- Which city or township the family resided.
- Your name and contact information (including email)
We do not research outside of our library. We do not do Court House research for you. Please allow 6 weeks to answer, as we are only volunteers. We are a non-profit organization with income only from our memberships, selling our publications and donations.
A check made out to Tuscarawas County Genealogical Society for the fee of $10.00, for one specific surname in a specific time period. (If wanting research for more than 4 ancestors it will be an additional $10.00) The research fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
A large self-addressed envelope is required. After the search for your ancestors, you will be notified as to the number of pages copied and postage required. Letter-size copies cost $.50 per page. When we receive your check for the copies and postage, we will mail out the material ASAP.
This donation of $10.00 does not give you any membership privileges in the Tuscarawas County Genealogical Society.
Tuscarawas County Genealogical Society
Attn: Research Secretary
PO Box 83
Dennison, OH 44621-0083
What Tuscarawas County Genealogical Society will research:
- History of Tuscarawas County 1884
- History of Tuscarawas County 1988
- Birth Records from 1867 to 1962
- Marriage Records from 1808 to 1978
- Death Records from 1867 to 1966
- Family Histories
- Cemetery Books